Who doesn’t love a good scramble on the weekend? Especially when it’s bright and colourful and packed with flavour! And you don’t have to wait for the weekend because this dish is so quick and easy to make. It’s also a great way to sneak in some veggies for those ‘picky eaters’ 😉
For 2 servings
What you need:
3 button mushrooms, diced
red bell pepper, diced
1 green onion, thinly sliced/chopped
1 Tbsp olive oil
pat of butter
salt and pepper to taste
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl, and mix gently.
- Add the pat of butter.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium non-stick pan.
- Season, with salt and pepper, the mushrooms, red pepper and the white part of the green onion and sauté just until cooked but still firm. Turn down the heat.
- Pour the egg mixture over the veggies in the pan and stir lightly.
- With a rubber spatula, gently scrape the sides and fold the egg mixture, slowly and constantly until the eggs are cooked (but not overcooked).
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Plate, sprinkle with the remaining chopped green onion, black pepper and serve.
I served these with avocado and tomato slices and whole grain rye bread.
This will definitely satisfy for a few hours and is nutrient dense for a great start to the day!