Did you know that some of the greens in your salad are actually feeding your gut’s friendly bacteria, also known as probiotics. This is a good thing! These prebiotics stimulate the growth of beneficial bacteria, thereby improving digestion and balancing the harmful bacteria and toxins. Prebiotics and probiotics must work together for optimal gut health which then translates to overall good health.
The featured salad includes some prebiotic ingredients and is so simple to prepare.
- Arranged in a dish some red lettuce, arugula, chopped green onion and sliced celery.
- I don’t even bother with mixing up the dressing. I just drizzle some EVOO, add just a little salt and squeeze fresh lemon juice over it.
That’s how simple it can be to enjoy a super healthy salad!
- Arugula, celery and green onions are prebiotic foods
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) is one of the healthiest fats around and is high in antioxidants
- Lemon juice is a good source of Vitamin C, another antioxidant
The greens for this salad were harvested from the Tower Garden I have in my office. It has provided us with luscious herbs and greens for our salads all winter long 🙂
Greens feed our souls, refresh our minds, and nourish our grateful bodies.