You will need:
Bay scallops, fresh or (package of 340 grams, frozen) thawed
2 green onions, chopped (hold back a little for garnish)
10 or more grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 celery rib, washed and diced
3 cloves of garlic, smashed
1 small zucchini, sliced into rounds
3 baby Bok Choy
salt and pepper to taste
3 Tbsp olive oil
penne pasta, cooked in another pot
N.B. Separate the leaves of the bok choy and rinse them well. You can leave them whole or chop them in half.
- Heat the olive oil in a wok and sauteé the onions, tomatoes and celery for a few minutes. Season with a little salt.
- Add the garlic and cook for just a minute or so, careful not to let it burn.
- Add the zucchini, give it all a stir and then you are ready to
- add the scallops and brown them, stirring well so they don’t stick to the bottom. Do not overcook them or they will be rubbery and dry.
- Taste, adjust the salt and season with as much or as little pepper as you like.
- Next, add the bok choy to the wok and cook just until the leaves are wilted.
- Season with thyme.
- Add the cooked penne to the wok, stir it all up, take it off the heat and cover it for a minute or so before plating.
- Squeeze some fresh lemon juice on top and garnish with the green onion that was set aside.
- Enjoy with a small whole wheat or multigrain bun!